Personal safety and injury prevention are essential to healthy living. Injury is the leading cause of death of children and young adults and among the leading cause of hospitalization of children, young adults and seniors.
BE SAFE BE SEEN
It is important for you and your family to get outside and be active. It is important to be seen when you are walking, biking, jogging, boarding, or blading.
Some of the ways you can be seen are:
- Wear brightly coloured clothing
- Wear reflective gear especially right before dawn and at night
- Make sure your bike has a white front light and a red light or reflector when you ride between a half an hour before sunset and a half an hour after sun rise.
- Make sure your bike has white reflective strips on the front forks and red reflective strips on the back.
- Wear reflective bands around your arms and legs
- Take a flashlight with you
“Paramedics cared for my daughter after a very scary fall. Their calm, caring and knowledgeable presence made the world of difference to us, especially in light of the terrifying events of this accident.”